
To kick off the Happy Camper summer season, I recently had an Omelet Run. It was invitation only and participants consisted of my "usual suspects" crew of Sunday morning runners. We set out at seven a.m. and ran five miles out then turned around and came back for a ten mile run. Then I fired up the Holiday cookstove and the Omelet making began. People had their choice of ham and cheese, bacon, or sweet red pepper with artichoke. A few people opted for "The Works." Coffee. Orange Juice. Cinnamon bagels and homemade muffins....and lots of fresh fruit made it a Veritable Breakfast Feast. I have discovered the Happy Camper is an excellent place to make omelets. I have a heavy pan that fits the small burners of my Holiday stove just right. The omelets come out fluffy and golden brown. We weren't parked in a campground or anything. Just in my own front yard. We broke out the camper chairs wrapped ourselves in blankets (because it was slightly cold that morning) and enjoyed the morning sun and one another's company. It was my way of saying thanks to my friends for putting up with me for the year. I plan to do that more this summer, cook in the camper that is. I would like to perfect a few recipes that are best created in the unique confines of the HC kitchen. I haven't tried my Holiday oven yet. I am thinking of baking some Angel Flake Biscuits just to see how they turn out.
No comments:
Post a Comment