Thursday, January 3, 2013

There are other people like me out there who use their campers as offices or mobile studios. Even though my camper is small, once I step inside, the space expands and it becomes a world in itself. Recently, an artist acquaintance spied my camper and asked if he could step inside. "Of course!" I said. I opened the door. He hesitated on the threshold, so I said, "Step in. You have to sit down to see how it feels." He seated himself on the couch and stretched his arms across the back. "I could live like a king in here!" he said. There is something about the space that makes a person feel that way. It's so simple and contained and manageable. The world is large and complicated but inside a small coherent space, things are possible. Little things like reading and eating a plate of food or sipping coffee. Good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment