Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Days


The warm summer days in the Happy Camper are a fond and distant memory right now. I can see the Lil Loafer from my window, through a steady snowfall, but am not inclined to venture out. Just forty eight hours ago, we enjoyed a January heat wave with temperatures reaching sixty eight degrees. It made "happy campering" a distinct possibility. But winter has returned.
And I guess I have to wait a few weeks before the first signs of spring arrive. Soon enough, crocus will break through the thawing dirt and, with the help of a small space heater, I will be settling in to the HC for a good read, a bit of a write, and maybe a nice glass of wine.... Meanwhile, I will sit by the window and watch the snow pile up on the Happy Camper's roof.

1 comment:

  1. I wish my word of the day was "blizzard." That's exactly the kind of weather I want right now. I hope it's more snow than ice, though!

    ReplyDelete