
Beneath The Happy Camper's spacious sofa is storage. A person has only to lift the hinged bench seat to find a hidden space that extends from one side of the trailer to the other. A good portion of this is lined in galvanized metal, so I suspect it was intended as an ice cooler--perhaps for freshly caught fish, if the camper were to be used by fisherman, although that might make the entire cabin smell a bit fishy. Maybe instead it was intended for beer. But I have designated it as my wine cellar.
I will admit I am no wine connoisseur. Mostly I buy wine for the names. Red Bicyclette. Poet's Leap. Conundrum. Irony. (Everybody needs a good dose of Irony, right? ) It's a shameless way to make a selection, but I have discovered some really fine tasting wines this way. As a writer, I feel compelled to support anyone who has spent an extra bit of time choosing just the right words to name something. Next to that first cup of coffee in the morning, a nice glass of wine at dusk (or to some people's preference, an ice cold beer) is an essential part of the entire travel trailer experience.
I have recently discovered a Happy Camper Wine produced in California. Of course, I have some on order for the HC wine cellar. It seems only right to start my collection with a nice bottle of Happy Camper White. The HC is an excellent place to imbibe, and I confess I have enjoyed several modest happy hours there. In fact, I am thinking of heading out there this very evening. It's been raining all day, and has finally just stopped. The hot days of summer (which alas drove me out of the camper for several weeks) are now past. A glass of wine would be a good way to greet the return of autumn.
No comments:
Post a Comment