Twenty five miles from The Happy Camper, in the small town of Ash Grove is a classic diner called Willie B's. Ash Grove is the home of the Ash Tree. That's what the faded blue city sign says as it welcomes visitors to the one and only four way stop. I always stop at Willie B's when I make an annual day trip to Hilltop Farms to buy plants for my garden. This year I am planning to put in a kitchen garden with some greens, peppers (both sweet and hot), and red and yellow cherry tomatoes. For herbs, I have sage and mint. Basil, garlic chives, french thyme, and lavender. I'll have to dig out some of my perennials to make this garden happen but that's okay. I want to put the herbs in raised box miniature gardens separated by little pathways made from pea gravel. The main thing I have to figure out though, is the dirt. I have to improve my dirt by mixing in some compost soil. It will be a lot of work. Still, I am interested to see if I can make what I imagine in my head happen in reality.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Day-tripping
Twenty five miles from The Happy Camper, in the small town of Ash Grove is a classic diner called Willie B's. Ash Grove is the home of the Ash Tree. That's what the faded blue city sign says as it welcomes visitors to the one and only four way stop. I always stop at Willie B's when I make an annual day trip to Hilltop Farms to buy plants for my garden. This year I am planning to put in a kitchen garden with some greens, peppers (both sweet and hot), and red and yellow cherry tomatoes. For herbs, I have sage and mint. Basil, garlic chives, french thyme, and lavender. I'll have to dig out some of my perennials to make this garden happen but that's okay. I want to put the herbs in raised box miniature gardens separated by little pathways made from pea gravel. The main thing I have to figure out though, is the dirt. I have to improve my dirt by mixing in some compost soil. It will be a lot of work. Still, I am interested to see if I can make what I imagine in my head happen in reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment